Amid heavy snowfall and rain in North India and changed wind pattern mercury likely to fall in GujaratDecember 13, 2019
Ahmedabad:Amid heavy snowfall and rain in Northern India and changed wind pattern in Gujarat, the mercury is likely to see a fall of 3 to 4 degrees in next few days.
IMD center Director and senior meteorologist Jayanta Sarkar today said that Northerly to North Easterly winds were blowing and it speed was around 15 to 20 kmph. ‘In the next 3 to four days parts of the state will see a fall of 3 to 4 degree Celsius due to cold winds,’ he said.
Notably, the state has so far only once seen the mercury go below 10 degree Celsius ie in single digit. It is expected that in the next few days the mercury would again slide below that at some places.
Meanwhile, morning fog was witnessed at some places including Ahmedabad, Veraval etc today even as non-seasonal rain had lashed parts of Gir Somnath district.
- Motera Stadium awarded IGBC Gold Green Building rating; becomes India's first green rated Cricket stadium
- More details on President Donald Trump's Ahmedabad visit
- 431 ft tall temple to be constructed at Jaspur in Ahmedabad
- MEA India briefing on President Donald Trump's India visit
- Amit Shah to dedicate revamped Sursagar pond in Vadodara
- In pictures: More photos of preparations to welcome President Trump in Ahmedabad