Thousands join Pavagadh ParikramaDecember 28, 2019
Godhra: Thousands of pilgrims joined annual Pavagadh parikrama which started from Vagheshwari Mata mandir chowk in Champaner in the foothills of Pavagadh hill on Friday. As many as 8,000 pilgrims have registered their names for fourth parikrama – a walk around Pavagadh hill.
The parikrama route starts at Vagheshwari Mata mandir and covers Taplav Hanuman mandir, Kotkali mata, Narayan Bapu’s Tajpura dham(night halt), Medi-Madar based Siddhanath Mahadev temple(next day in the morning), Dhaba Dungri and then to Vagheshwari Mata mandir.
The entire route of Parikrama is 25 km in length. Two-day yatra covers total 44.31 km route.
Some of the participants were in vehicles, while 180 women participated with bicycles. Most others choose to walk on foot.
State minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama attended the inaugural event along with district collector.
It’s worth noting that senior RSS leader Bhaiyyaji Joshi had during his recent visit to Pavagadh congratulated the organizers for revival of Pavagadh Parikrama.
Renown kathakar Shri Rameshbhai Oza had also endorsed this initiative.
- Japanese Ambassador to India Inaugurates Japan-India Institute for Manufacturing (JIM), at a Pharma company premises in Gujarat
- Coast Guard rescues 13 Indian crew from Gujarat bound ship
- Indian coast guard conducts maritime search and rescue exercise Re-SAREX- 2020 on Gujarat coast
- Case filed in Central Gujarat against Church priest over alleged religious conversion of a minor boy
- Vaghani in touch with Savli MLA Inamdar: CM Rupani
- Hardik Patel arrested again soon after coming out of Sabarmati central jail