At least 2 die in fire in chemical storage tank at Kandla port in GujaratDecember 30, 2019
Gandhidham: At least two people died in a massive fire that broke out in a chemical storage tank at Kandla port in Kutch district of Gujarat today.
Police Inspector of Kandla K J Chavda said that the fire broke out in one of the tanks of M/s IMC terminal, a Chennai based company in to bulk liquid storage business.
‘The fire due to unknown reason broke out in the noon in the tank containing Methanol. Fire fighting started at 1 pm with the help of 8 fire fighting vehicles and was yet to be controlled till 5 pm. At least 4 people were working there when the incident took place. One body has been recovered while the other body has been noticed. The exact number of casualties would be known only after the completion of the fire fighting operation and cooling,’ PI Chavda said.
He said that cooling of the other nearby tank was also being done by medium velocity water sprinklers to protect these from catching fire.
The exact reason behind the fire was not yet known.
- AMC declares 31 more Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad
- AHNA announces discharge criteria for patients admitted with Covid19
- All Fixed to Mobile calls to be dialed with prefix ‘0’ from 15th January, 2021
- Highest in a day till date, 1540 new cases of coronavirus reported in Gujarat in 24 hours: State health department
- Sri Sathya Sai Heart Hospital Ahmedabad renews MoU with Odisha Govt for two more years
- L&T Construction awarded large contract to build India’s longest river bridge
- 500 vaccines against coronavirus arrive at Sola civil hospital for trial: Nitin Patel
- 336 Oxygen beds, 56 ICU beds for covid patients to be ready in a week in new Kidney hospital building: Nitin Patel