Turkish onions spicier, also make gravy black, fail to impact the price level, consumers complainDecember 30, 2019
Ahmedabad: First consignment of onions imported from Turkey arrived for consumption, however prices of domestic and imported onions remained same.
It is also learnt that spicy taste of Turkish onions made it unfavorable to adopt by consumers. Cooks also complained that once added as ingredient, the gravy turns black. Moreover Turkish onions are spicier than regular Indian variety of onions, consumers complained.
The Government of India had taken a decision to import 7070 tonne onions from Turkey and Egypt due to domestic shortage. Half of the stock was to come from Turkey. However Turkey has stopped importing onions to India.
- One of earliest Covid19 patients in Amdavad, writes this message on social media from hospital bed
- Total Covid19 cases in Gujarat 105, of them 14 discharged, 10 dead
- Cluster Quarantine in some area of Amdavad to prevent spread of infection
- One arrested for spreading rumor on social media in Vadodara
- One booked in Palanpur over social media post regarding Tablighi Markaz
- Yet to trace all persons in Gujarat who attended Tablighi Markaz in Nizamuddin