Rupani to flag-off 9th Vadodara M. G. International Marathon on Jan 5January 02, 2020
Ahmedabad: Chief Minister Vijaybhai Rupani will flag-off ‘The 9th Vadodara M. G. International Marathon’ from Navlakhi Maidan in Vadodara on January 5, Sunday, in wee hours at 7:20 a.m.
The mega sports event, which is inspired by the ‘Fit India Movement’ launched by Prime Minister Mr. Narendrabhai Modi with an aim to make ‘Healthy India’, has attracted participation-registration from more than one-lakh participants, including runners from 11 foreign countries and large number of differently abled people from various parts of India, Mrs. Tejal Amin, organizer of the event said, today.
The prize winners of the Marathon will be given total cash prizes of Rs. 24-lakh, she said and added that adequate security arrangements have been made along the entire route of the event.
The event will also be graced by Gujarat Assembly Speaker Mr. Rajendra Trivedi, Narmada Development Minister of State Mr. Yogesh Patel, Gujarat Sports Minister of State Mr. Ishwarsinh Patel, Marathon’s Brand Ambassador and Olympian Athlete Dr. Deepa Malik, Member of Parliament Mrs. Ranjanben Bhatt, MLAs and Mayor, and others.
Besides this, Rupani will also remain specially present at ‘Atmiya Yuva Mahotsav Programme’ to be held at Panjara Pole Ground in Vadodara on January 3, Friday, evening at 5 p.m.
- Motera Stadium awarded IGBC Gold Green Building rating; becomes India's first green rated Cricket stadium
- More details on President Donald Trump's Ahmedabad visit
- 431 ft tall temple to be constructed at Jaspur in Ahmedabad
- MEA India briefing on President Donald Trump's India visit
- Amit Shah to dedicate revamped Sursagar pond in Vadodara
- In pictures: More photos of preparations to welcome President Trump in Ahmedabad