Air India reroutes its flights overflying Iran to Europe and USJanuary 08, 2020
New Delhi: The Air India on Wednesday rerouted its flights overflying Iran to Europe and US in the wake of a missile strike by Tehran on US airbases in Iraq.
“The Safety of our passengers and crew members comes first. In light of the tensions within the Iranian airspace a decision to temporarily reroute flights of Air India (AI) and Air India Express (AIX) overflying Iran has been taken,” Air India spokesperson Dhananjay Kumar said in a statement.
The statement further said that the rerouting may lead to increase in flying time by approximately 20 minutes for flights from Delhi and 30-40 minutes for flights from Mumbai.
- 919 new cases of Covid-19 detected, active cases 11,302 : Gujarat govt
- ECI takes decision on who can cast vote through postal ballot in upcoming by-polls and Bihar election
- Covid-19: Centre's expert team on two-day visit to Surat and Ahmedabad
- ACB nabs Mamlatdar cum Executive Magistrate for receiving bribe in Surat
- New trade routes to North East (via Bangladesh sea) and Bhutan open
- IKDRC shortens time span for transplant surgeries to clear backlog