NSUI/Congress workers had attacked the ABVP office in Ahmedabad: MoS Home JadejaJanuary 08, 2020
Gandhinagar: The Gujarat government today said that the NSUI/Congress workers had attacked the ABVP office in Ahmedabad yesterday and the police has confirmed this on the basis of prima facie investigation.
Minister of State for Home and senior BJP leader Pradipsinh Jadeja today also said the detailed investigation of the case lodged late last night in this regard has been handed over to the crime branch of Ahmedabad police.
It all was the handiwork of NSUI/local Congress workers on the insistence of the party high command in Delhi. The prima facie investigation of the police has revealed that the NSUI/Congress workers had assembled with batons etc and were moving towards ABVP office in Paldi area with an intention to attack,’ he said.
Jadeja said that the detailed investigation of the case was on and anyone including the Congress leader Nikhil Savani was free to give his statement to the police. Strict action would be taken against the culprits.
He also said that the government won’t tolerate violence of any kind. Jadeja alleged that frustrated by the pro-nationalist steps of the Modi government, Congress which was in to the appeasement politics of the Muslim minorities, was not trying to provoke them or do other things to disturb the peace across the country including Gujarat.
Jadeja said that various recent incident with involvement of Congress including the Shah-e-Alam violence in Ahmedabad was a testimony to it.
- Chitra Bharati Short Film Festival kicks off at Gujarat University
- No early-summer like temperatures on Trump's Gujarat visit day
- All you want to know about world's largest Motera cricket stadium
- Dahej - Ghogha RORO ferry service to resume from February 24
- HM Amit Shah's trip to Gujarat today cancelled, likely to come on February 25
- Farmer working in his field attacked and injured by leopard in Gujarat