13,500 to join Karuna Abhiyan to rescue and treat birds injured by kite string: RupaniJanuary 12, 2020
Ahmedabad: Ahead of kite flying festival Uttarayan, Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani today visited Vastrapur based medical facility of forest department to treat the birds injured by kite string. Sharing the details of statewide ‘Karuna Abhiyan’ ahead of Kite flying festival, Chief Minster said, ‘more than 35,000 birds were dying (during and around kite flying festival on 14/15 January) 4 years ago. The govt then started ‘Karuna Abhiyan’ which has saved many birds in the course of last four years. Rupani said total 13,500 strong manpower including 8,000 volunteers from various voluntary organizations and 5,500 govt staffers along with 650 hospitals will join the 4th edition of Karuna Abhiyan this year during and around the Kite flying festival across the State to rescue and treat the birds injured by kite string. Rupani added that the state government has banned the use of Chinese kite string as it is found lethal for not just birds but also humans.
- Japanese Ambassador to India Inaugurates Japan-India Institute for Manufacturing (JIM), at a Pharma company premises in Gujarat
- Coast Guard rescues 13 Indian crew from Gujarat bound ship
- Indian coast guard conducts maritime search and rescue exercise Re-SAREX- 2020 on Gujarat coast
- Case filed in Central Gujarat against Church priest over alleged religious conversion of a minor boy
- Vaghani in touch with Savli MLA Inamdar: CM Rupani
- Hardik Patel arrested again soon after coming out of Sabarmati central jail