Amit Shah to lay stone for Indian Institute of Skills to be set up at Nasmed near GandhinagarJanuary 13, 2020
Gandhinagar: Union Home Minister Amit Shah will lay the foundation stone of the Indian Institute of Skills (IISs) on a 20-acre campus at Nasmed in Kalol taluka in Gandhinagar district at a function to be held at Mahatma Mandir on January 15, 2020.
The institute is being set up on Public-Private Partnership (PPP) basis by the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) under the Union Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) in collaboration with Tata Education Development Trust (TEDT) after competitive bid.
It will provide skill to 5,000 students for various industries, adapting the best methodology practised in world famous institutes of its kind, with a target to provide placement to 70 per cent of the pass-outs. Three such IISs are being set up at first, other two being in Mumbai and Kanpur. It is meant for post-SSC or post-HSC at par with IITs or IIMs. The idea had struck Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his visit to Institute of Technical Education in Singapore.
The foundation laying ceremony is scheduled to be attended by Chief Minister Vijay Rupani, Deputy Chief Minister Nitinbhai Patel, Union Minister for MSDE Mahendranath Pandey, Minister of State for New & Renewable Energy Raj Kumar Singh, Gujarat Labour & Employment Minister Diplikumar Thakor, NSDC Chairman A.M. Nail, Gujarat Chief Secretary Anil Mukim, Tata Sons Emeritus Chairman Ratan Tata and Chairman Natarajan Chandrasekaran.
- Motera Stadium awarded IGBC Gold Green Building rating; becomes India's first green rated Cricket stadium
- More details on President Donald Trump's Ahmedabad visit
- 431 ft tall temple to be constructed at Jaspur in Ahmedabad
- MEA India briefing on President Donald Trump's India visit
- Amit Shah to dedicate revamped Sursagar pond in Vadodara
- In pictures: More photos of preparations to welcome President Trump in Ahmedabad