Four prisoners including an accused of murder escape from Limbadi sub-jail in GujaratJanuary 13, 2020
Surendranagar: Four under-trial prisoners including the one arrested under charges of murder escaped from a sub-jail in Surendranagar district of Gujarat in the wee hour today, police said.
DySP D V Basiya said that the jail break took place at around 1 to 130 am when the four under-trial prisoners lodged in the same cell of the sub jail in Limbadi town of the district fled. They had cut the lock of the door of their cell and later jump off the outer wall.
‘One of them was a murder accused, the other one was arrested for attempt to murder, the third one was an accused of loot while the fourth one was caught under the charges of abatement of suicide of his wife,’ the DySP said.
He said that there were a total of around 59 prisoners in the sub-jail which was located close to a residential area. Attempts to re-arrest the four were on.
Basiya said that it would also be investigated whether they were assisted by any jail guard or official or not.
- Marine One, U.S. President Donald Trump's official Helicopter arrives in Gujarat
- Union cabinet approves revamping of PM Fasal Bima Yojana and Restructured Weather Based Crop Insurance Scheme
- ESIC run clinics in Gujarat will now offer services to all citizens: Nitin Patel
- Centre approves 3 new medical colleges at Rajpipla, Porbandar, Navsari; State to bear only 40% cost
- Gujarat Cabinet decides to allot 30 acre land for free of cost at Shahpur near Gandhinagar to set up Children's University
- Swarm of bees attack school in Gujarat, 21 students hospitalized