Four prisoners including an accused of murder escape from Limbadi sub-jail in GujaratJanuary 13, 2020
Surendranagar: Four under-trial prisoners including the one arrested under charges of murder escaped from a sub-jail in Surendranagar district of Gujarat in the wee hour today, police said.
DySP D V Basiya said that the jail break took place at around 1 to 130 am when the four under-trial prisoners lodged in the same cell of the sub jail in Limbadi town of the district fled. They had cut the lock of the door of their cell and later jump off the outer wall.
‘One of them was a murder accused, the other one was arrested for attempt to murder, the third one was an accused of loot while the fourth one was caught under the charges of abatement of suicide of his wife,’ the DySP said.
He said that there were a total of around 59 prisoners in the sub-jail which was located close to a residential area. Attempts to re-arrest the four were on.
Basiya said that it would also be investigated whether they were assisted by any jail guard or official or not.
- CM orders judicial inquiry into Rajkot Covid Hospital fire incident
- AMC adds 152 private covid beds; More hotels to function as Covid care centre
- AMC announces 18 more Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad
- AMC general board meeting live
- 1598 Covid cases reported in Gujarat in a day: State Health department
- ગુજરાતમાં સ્થપાઇ શકે છે લક્ઝમબર્ગની કંપનીનું એકમઃ કોવિડની રસીની દેશવ્યાપી પહોંચ માટે અત્યંત મહત્વનું
- PM shared valuable inputs on how to further strengthen vaccine development programme: Zydus Cadila
- Prime Minister Modi visits Zydus Biotech Park in Gujarat to review Covid19 vaccine development