Parts of Gujarat seeing non-seasonal rain a day before UttarayanJanuary 13, 2020
Gandhinagar: Parts of Gujarat is witnessing non-seasonal rain today also even as in the last 24 hours also some areas saw light rain as predicted by the met department.
Today morning parts of Gir Somnath, Junagadh, Rajkot, Jamnagar and Banaskantha district have seen rain.
Earlier Bhuj had seen 1.9 mm, Naliya 1.0 mm, Kandla port 1.8 mm, Porbandar 0.4 mm and Dwarka 0.3 mm or rain.
IMD center Ahmedabad Director Jayanta Sarkar today said that several parts of the state were likely to see light rain today. It is happening due to western disturbances caused cyclonic circulation lying 1.5 km above West Rajasthan and neighbourhood.
‘But the weather will clear tomorrow. Still there will fall in temperatures from tomorrow which means cold will increase,’ he said.
Meanwhile non seasonal rain in Bhabhar and Diyodar of Banaskantha, Junagadh and Maliya Hatina talukas of Junagadh, Dhoraji and Jam Kandorana talukas in Rajkot district and Jamjodhpur of Jamnagar along with Veraval and adjoining areas in Gir Somnath district has put the farmers in the areas in tizzy as it might affect the rabi crops including cumin seed, coriander, wheat, millet, onion etc.
Parts of Amreli, Botad, Bhavnagar, Dangs and Ahmedabad districts also saw foggy or cloudy weather this morning. Possibility of light rain at these places today can’t be ruled out.
- Swarm of bees attack school in Gujarat, 21 students hospitalized
- Union Cabinet approves National Institute status to BISAG in Gujarat
- Than town observes total strike against deteriorated law and order situation, weak policing
- The Sun is out! 🌞 BCCI on Motera stadium, also do watch a fresh video clip
- Torrent group hails apex court judgement regarding dismissal of Adani Gas plea
- SBI signs MoU with Gujarat govt for for working capital availability to MSME entrepreneurs