Rs 5 thousand to 5 lakh fine to be imposed on those found in making city unclean: AMC CommissionerJanuary 13, 2020
Ahmedabad: The Ahmedabad Muncipal Corporation (AMC) today said that it would impose a fine from Rs 5 thousand to Rs five lakh on those people or Industrial firms/units which would be find involved in making the city unclean.
Notably Ahmedabad was declared the Cleanest City In the 10 Lakh Plus Population Category during the Swachh Survekshan 2019 and is gearing up to better its position in the ongoing Swachh Surveskshan 2020.
Municipal Commissioner Vijay Nehra today informed.
He said that those found involved in making the city unclean would be fined hefty. The fine would be from Rs 5 thousand to 5 lakhs.
Nehra also said that the central team with regard to the SS 2020 would visit the city and a new category regarding cleanliness with the people’s direct participation has been created. He mentioned the Sabarmati river cleanliness mega drive in this context.
He also said that the AMC has planned to set up to plants for converting the city waste/garbage in to energy of which one was likely to be operational by the year end.
- Union cabinet approves revamping of PM Fasal Bima Yojana and Restructured Weather Based Crop Insurance Scheme
- ESIC run clinics in Gujarat will now offer services to all citizens: Nitin Patel
- Centre approves 3 new medical colleges at Rajpipla, Porbandar, Navsari; State to bear only 40% cost
- Gujarat Cabinet decides to allot 30 acre land for free of cost at Shahpur near Gandhinagar to set up Children's University
- Swarm of bees attack school in Gujarat, 21 students hospitalized
- Union Cabinet approves National Institute status to BISAG in Gujarat