Rupani launches State’s 7th Economic Census process in Gujarat first time with Mobile AppJanuary 16, 2020
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani on Wednesdsy launched the 7th Economic Census process in Gujarat, being carried out by Union Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation with the help of Common Service Centre.
Nearly 40,000 enumerators will use mobile application for the first time to gather information under the guidance of 6,500 supervisors. They will personally visit door to door for basic information like members of the family, their economic activity, whether it is shop, office or factory.
It will continue till June 30, 2020. The entire data will be compiled by September 30, 2020, to be classified into village, taluka, district wise, to be developed into National Business Rwegister, as a very useful document for application in socio-economic issues.
Those present on the occasion included Chief Secretary Anil Mukim, Chief Minister’s Chief Principal Secretary K. Kailashnathan, Principal Secretary M. K. Das Secretary Planning Rakesh Shankar, Centre’s Director General Vijay Kumar, Deputy Director General O. M. Prabhakaran, and other senior officers.
- Gujarat Solar Power Policy-2015 extended to Dec 31, 2020
- AMC declares 10 more Micro Containment Areas
- ED attaches assets of former Gujarat IAS Sanjay Gupta in Metro Rail scam case
- Gujarat govt asks Universities to conduct online exams of final year and P.G by July 30th, offline by September 30th
- Gujarat Cabinet decides to form a 5-member commission to protect constitutional rights of rightful tribal
- 1605 kV rooftop solar panels to be set up at 140 religious places at a cost of Rs. 3.30 crore