100 to leave worldly life, become Jain monks in Surat on February 1January 21, 2020
Surat: As many as 100 persons will leave worldly life and become Jain monks in a Diksha ceremony organized on 1 February in Surat. Of them 71 will take Diksha in a progamme organized by Jinagnya Trust.
The Diksha ceremony will take place in one lakh sq ft Ratnatrayi tent in which a 16,000 sq ft Jain temple has been created using wood. 2 exhibition centres have been also set up along with 12,000 sq ft assembly place where Jainism related performances will take place. An arrangement has been made to host 40,000 people at the venue.
Earlier in year 2014, the city of Surat had witnessed Diksha ceremony for 45 persons in a single function.
Among those who are going to take Diksha, the youngest is 10-year old Yashraj Prakashchandra Nahar who is based in Malad-Mumbai and originally from Rajasthan’s Kucheri village. He is among 20 children who are going to take Diksha. The oldest among those taking Diksha is 84-year old Kantaben Chimanlal Shah.
Diksha ceremonies will begin on January 28 in Balar farm of Vesu area.
- Seven who gathered for Namaz, booked by Raopura police in Vadodara
- 2nd Covid19 patient in Patan booked for hiding details of fist Covid19 patient and thereby help virus to spread
- When we are in difficulty, nation backs us, when nation is in difficult time, we want to extend our support: Farmers in Amreli
- Even with more tests, proportion of positive cases has remained at around 5%: Dr. Jayanti Ravi
- Fumigation in 10 sq m wall city area done today: AMC
- Adani Gas announces cut in CNG and Domestic PNG prices