Ahmedabad: Traffic police constable, three towing van team members held for taking bribeJanuary 21, 2020
The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) arrested Ukkad Kariya Vasava, Head Constable, L traffic police station, and three private persons working on the towing van — Mehul Natwar Gohel, Altaf Ramzan Sandhi and Salim Akbarkhan Pathan who instead of imposing a fine on the owner of a wrongly parked vehicle, sought to make illegal gains by seeking bribe. In a decoy trap, Rs 200 bribe money were recovered from Altaf, while Rs 100 was recovered from Salim.
A team led by ACB PI D V Prasad set up decoy trap and, aided by a citizen, parked a vehicle in the No Parking zone in Ranip area, from where it was promptly towed away to L Division Traffic police station. When the decoy went to collect his vehicle, the accused sought Rs 300 in bribe to not fine him and did not give a receipt, resulting in corruption. The sleuths then rushed in to make the arrest.
- One of MLAs who resigned had visited State Congress chief a day ago to present Mango boxes
- Wouldn't continue in party that is into match fixing: Vaghela after his removal from State NCP chief post
- 8th Congress MLA resigns ahead of June 19 polling for 4 seats of Rajya Sabha
- Mubadala to invest Rs. 9,093.60 crore in Jio Platforms
- Gujarat Covid-19 situation in figures
- Phase-3 flights to Ahmedabad airport under Vande Bharat Mission