News in brief from across GujaratJanuary 21, 2020
Gandhinagar: The Government of Gujarat has appointed Dr. Bimal N Patel as new Director General of Raksha Shakti University for a term of next three years. Dr. Patel has worked in Gujarat National Law University in Gandhinagar for ten years He is also a member of National Security Advisory Board.
– CBI has filed FIR against AK Singh, former director of Directorate General of Foreign Trade, Ahmedabad and four directors of Crystal Crop Protection Pvt Ltd, Ahmedabad on charges of criminal conspiracy,cheating and abuse of officials position causing a wrongful loss of the exchequer.
-Enforcement Directorate today said on its social media handle that it has attached land and building of M/s SIV Industries, Coimbatore, an office building, a farm house & a bungalow in Ahmedabad and 7 Fixed Deposits totaling Rs. 107.73 Crores of Directors of M/s Fair deal Supplies Ltd under PMLA in a bank fraud case
-Gujarat High Court has issued a notice to state government over a Public Interest Litigation(PIL) seeking directions to police to protect people from dog bites. An applicant Kirtikumar Bhatt through this PIL claims that it is police’s duty to protect citizens, not only from humans but from all kinds of dangers.
-Verdict in Vismay Shah BMW hit and run case in which two boys were killed in 2013 on Judges bungalow road of Ahmedabad was adjourned again today for ninth time by Gujarat High Court. The next date for likely verdict is January 30.
– Amdavad Municipal Corporation team had to leave a demolition operation before start in Muslims dominated Baherampura area as Muslim women started protesting the action. AMC team was here to demolish a five- storeyed illegal apartment namely Hajim Residency. The AMC staff and police returned as they were short of women constables.
– Fire and Emergency Services department of AMC has purchased Rs. 3 crore robot which does the job of fire control at distance. A six wheel robo can be controlled by a remote control. It has inbuilt cameras and nozzle that can be connected to pipes to douse fire.
– Gujarat High Court has refused to quash FIR against CAA (Citizenship Amendment Act) protestors in Chhapi town of Banaskantha district of North Gujarat. Police had filed FIR over attack on police van and prisoner van by a mob during CAA protest which was not permitted last month.
– Former MP Dinu Bogha Solanki’s interim bail plea has been approved by High Court. Solanki had sought 21-day bail against which he has been given 4-day bail by the High Court for attending a wedding function of family member. Jethwa is in jail in activist Amit Jethwa murder case.
– Amdavad Municipal Corporation team had to leave a demolition operation before start in Muslims dominated Baherampura area as Muslim women started protesting the action. AMC team was here to demolish a five- storey illegal apartment namely Hajim Residency. The AMC staff and police returned as they were short of women constables.
– Chief Minister Vijay Rupani will on January 23 at Dahod launch statewide Gujarat Poshan Abhiyan 2020-22.
– Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC) commissioner and SUDA (Surat Urban Development Authority) chairman reached the spot of incident of building fire in Saroli area which falls under SUDA and said the building use permission of this building was cancelled. He said a structural stability report of this building will be prepared. Procedure will be done against faulty front elevation structureof the building which obstructed the fire fighting operation and prevented smoke to come out.
- No early-summer like temperatures on Trump's Gujarat visit day
- All you want to know about world's largest Motera cricket stadium
- Dahej - Ghogha RORO ferry service to resume from February 24
- HM Amit Shah's trip to Gujarat today cancelled, likely to come on February 25
- Farmer working in his field attacked and injured by leopard in Gujarat
- Three eras of foreign leaders visiting Gujarat