PM Modi may visit Gujarat in FebruaryJanuary 21, 2020
Gandhinagar: Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi is likely to visit Gujarat in mid February to inaugurate a conference in Mahatma Mandir here.
India is going to host 13th meeting of the conference of Parties to Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species (CMS) of Wild Animals from February 17 to 22 at Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to inaugurate the event.
As an environmental treaty of the United Nations, CMS provides a global platform for conservation of migratory animals and their habitats. As the only global convention specialising in the conservation of migratory species, their habitats and migration routes, CMS complements and co-operates with several international organisations, NGOs and partners in the media and corporate sector. The conference takes place very three years and it is for the first time India will be hosting it. It was held in Philippines in 2017 and Ecuador in 2014. India is a member of CMS since 1983. Over the course of five days, representatives from 120 countries will share experiences and deliberate over key challenges.
- Traffic restrictions, alternative routes on February 24 from 8 am onward till Nasmte Trump function/visit conclude
- Chitra Bharati Short Film Festival kicks off at Gujarat University
- No early-summer like temperatures on Trump's Gujarat visit day
- All you want to know about world's largest Motera cricket stadium
- Dahej - Ghogha RORO ferry service to resume from February 24
- HM Amit Shah's trip to Gujarat today cancelled, likely to come on February 25