Japanese Ambassador to India Inaugurates Japan-India Institute for Manufacturing (JIM), at a Pharma company premises in GujaratJanuary 23, 2020
Ahmedabad: Japanese Ambassador to India Satoshi Suzuki today inaugurated Japan-India Institute for Manufacturing (JIM), at the Indian premises of a Japanese pharma company in Ahmedabad of Gujarat.
The JIM was inaugurated in the premises of Otsuka Pharmaceutical India Private Limited here. Suzuki was welcomed by the CEO of the pharma company, Motoyuki Sakiyama.
Notably, JIM is born out of a collaboration between the Governments of Japan and India to create a pool of skilled manpower for manufacturing in India. It follows from a Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) signed between Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), Government of Japan and Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Government of India, for a “Manufacturing Skill Transfer Promotion Programme” to train youths in India over.
Additionally, Otsuka-JIM offers a course on Japanese Manufacturing Practices and Processes to its students. The curriculum of the Japanese Manufacturing Practices and Processes course is developed by AOTS, Japan under guidance of Ministry of Economy,Trade and Industry (METI), Japan. This specially designed training module covers important Japanese soft-skills like Kaizen, 5S, and 3G. Government of Japan approved course for skills in Japanese Manufacturing Practices and Processes, is one of the unique aspects of JIM. This course will create a pool of skilled manpower for manufacturing in India.
Stating the importance of creating skilled manpower and how it is important for growth of the country, Sakiyama on the occasion said that this initiative taken by the Governments of India and Japan was going to benefit India in a long run. By imparting skill education to the youth, we were going to fulfill the dream of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and this country, of Make inIndia and Skill India”.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical India Pvt Ltd (OPI) is a subsidiary of Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory and deals in Infusion Business in India and other emerging markets.
- ACB in North Gujarat nabs 3 including Engineer and police personnel taking bribe
- From this day on, India will hold a very special place in our hearts: US president Trump in Gujarat
- Rousing welcome to Trump with, people lining up to greet him
- Engineering wise, Motera Stadium, one of our most challenging projects, it is built to last 100 years: L&T
- Digital infrastructure at Motera Stadium is better than any other place in the world: Mukesh Ambani
- Trump writes brief note in Sabarmati Ashram's visitor's book, thanks 'great friend' Modi for wonderful visit