ACB Gujarat nabs husband of Sarpanch and cluster coordinator for taking bribe to pass bills of toilets built under SBM schemeJanuary 27, 2020
Amreli:The Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) of Gujarat police today nabbed two people including a cluster coordinator under Swachchh Bharat Mission (SBM) scheme and the husband of a woman Sarpanch red handed taking bribe from a contractor for passing the bills of 9 lavatories he had constructed under the scheme, in the Taluka panchyat office premises in Dhari town of Amreli district in Gujarat.
The hunt for the third accused and woman Sarpanch of Dudhala panchayat, Rasilaben Rameshbhai Parmar was on.
Assistant Director of ACB, D P Chudasama said that based on a secret complaint by the contractor a trap was laid today and K V Katriya- the cluster coordinator (on contract) and husband of the Sarpacnh, Ramesh B Parmar were nabbed taking a bribe of Rs 8100/-. They had demanded a bribe of Rs 900 each for passing the bills of the 9 lavatories made under the SBM scheme.
- PM at the helm of India’s Fight against COVID-19
- Crime Branch and RAF to be deployed in areas difficult for lockdown
- 58 Covid19 cases in Gujarat, highest 21 in Amdavad; death toll up at 5
- First Covid19 patient discharged from hospital in Gujarat
- Fight against Covid19: Gujarat CM makes three new announcements
- 3365 vehicles of those breaching lockdown seized: Gujarat Police