ACB nabs VMC clerk in central Gujarat, MVI and two others in North Gujarat for taking bribeJanuary 27, 2020
Ahmedabad:The Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) today nabbed red-handed a clerk of the Vadodara Municipal Corporation (VMC) taking a bribe from a plot holder in the city for issuing holding tax receipt to him.
ACB Assitant Director D P Chudasama said that junior clerk in the revenue department of VMC, G I Rana (44) had sought Rs 4000 bribe from the plot owner for issuing its holding tax receipt.
He was nabbed during a trap laid by the ACB near a road close to Gajanan park crossing in Makarpura GIDC area.
Chudasama said that earlier the ACB had two days back nabbed three people including a Motor Vehicle Inspector(MVI) and Assistant MVI near Kuchawada toll plaza in Banaskantha district for taking a bribe of Rs 250 from a decoy of the bureau for not taking action against over-loaded vehicle. MVI in Palanpur RTO U K Patel, Assistant MVI D C Tandel and an outsourced driver I B Desai were nabbed by the ACB on January 25.
- Live: Namaste Trump in Gujarat
- In pictures: Amdavad ahead of Trump-Modi visit
- ‘PM Modi a friend of mine’, says Trump as he leaves for maiden India visit
- Clash between two communities in Central Gujarat village again, 3 houses burnt down
- HM Amit Sah reviews preparations for Namaste Trump event in Gujarat; PM Modi to arrive tomorrow morning
- Trumps to be served Khaman, Kaju Katri during their visit