Wearing helmet for two wheeler rider and pillion rider continues to be mandatory: Gujarat govt in HCJanuary 27, 2020
Ahmedabad: The Government of Gujarat in its oral representation in the Gujarat High Court today said that wearing helmet for rider and pillion rider of two wheeler continues to be compulsory in the State. The government has been asked to file affidavit in this regard. It’s worth noting that state government had made announcement that wearing helmet in urban areas will be voluntary. However helmet will be compulsory for two wheeler riders on highways. State government’s this announcement was challenged in High Court through public interest litigation (PIL) filed by a citizen of Surat. Further hearing on this is likely to take place on Thursday, January 30th.
- ACB in North Gujarat nabs 3 including Engineer and police personnel taking bribe
- From this day on, India will hold a very special place in our hearts: US president Trump in Gujarat
- Rousing welcome to Trump with, people lining up to greet him
- Engineering wise, Motera Stadium, one of our most challenging projects, it is built to last 100 years: L&T
- Digital infrastructure at Motera Stadium is better than any other place in the world: Mukesh Ambani
- Trump writes brief note in Sabarmati Ashram's visitor's book, thanks 'great friend' Modi for wonderful visit