ACB nabs 3 including Sarpanch and woman Talati in Central Gujarat red handed taking bribeJanuary 28, 2020
Ahmedabad:The Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) of Gujarat police today nabbed three people including a Sarpanch and a woman land revenue employee from different places in central Gujarat for taking bribe.
Assistant Director of the Bureau D P Chudasama said that during the first trap Shankar V Mavi, Sarpanch Borbeda Panchyat of Dahod district and his son Manoj were caught red handed taking bribe of Rs 15 thousand for passing the bill of toilets made under the Swachchh Bharat Mission scheme. They were nabbed from a road near central bank in Hanuman bazar of Dahod town. The wife of the complainant was head of the woman society which had got contract of making 100 toilets for the left out beneficiaries under the scheme. When she approached the Sarpanch regarding clearance of bills of Rs 1.20 lakh for 10 of the toilets, they had sought bribe.
During another trap with the help of a decoy in the Matariya Vejma village panchayat office in Morva taluka of Panchmahal district today, woman talati cum mantri (a land revenue employee) Ushaben V Katara was nabbed red handed taking a bribe of Rs 6000/-. The trap was laid on the basis of complaint that she was taking Rs 2000 for making entry in to the data book of PM Awas yojana. When the decoy approached her for three people she had sought Rs 6000/-.
- No early-summer like temperatures on Trump's Gujarat visit day
- All you want to know about world's largest Motera cricket stadium
- Dahej - Ghogha RORO ferry service to resume from February 24
- HM Amit Shah's trip to Gujarat today cancelled, likely to come on February 25
- Farmer working in his field attacked and injured by leopard in Gujarat
- Three eras of foreign leaders visiting Gujarat