Closure order issued to Nandan Denim Ltd after death of labours in a major fireFebruary 09, 2020
Ahmedabad: Director Industrial Safety andHealth (DISH), which functions under the Labour and Employment department has issued a closure notice to Nandan Denim Ltd after a major fire in its denim factory on Narol-Pirana Road.The major fire had erupted in the factory on Saturday evening. The severity of the blaze was such that it took the Ahmedabad Fire and Emergency Services long time to put it off. Dead bodies workers were recovered from the facility by the firefighters. Following the incident, DISH, which functions under the Labour and Employment department, issued a closure order to the denim manufacturing facility on Sunday.
“We have issued a closure order to the facility so that more lives are not put atrisk. We will review the safety aspects before allowing resumption of manufacturing operations,” said Vipul Mittra, additional chief secretary of Labour and Employment department.
Mittra also said that Nandan Denim will pay ex-gratia compensation of Rs. 10 lakh each to the next of kin of the deceased workers.“Moreover, the company will also provide a job to one family member of each of the deceased workers based on their qualification,” he added.
- AMC declares 20 more Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 17
- DGP Ashish Bhatia orders a 15-day drive by Gujarat Police to find out missing children
- 1074 new cases of Covid19 recorded in Gujarat in 24 hours
- Centre's reply on demand to name Surat airport after Morarji Desai
- Gujarat CM makes relief announcements for kin of late corona warrior govt staffers
- Mela, Pad Yatra, Janmasthami, Ganesh Utsav and Tajiya gatherings, Processions not to be allowed: Jadeja
- PM Modi to inaugurate submarine cable connectivity to Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- PM Modi to inaugurate Rashtriya Swachhata Kendra tomorrow