Closure order issued to Nandan Denim Ltd after death of labours in a major fireFebruary 09, 2020
Ahmedabad: Director Industrial Safety andHealth (DISH), which functions under the Labour and Employment department has issued a closure notice to Nandan Denim Ltd after a major fire in its denim factory on Narol-Pirana Road.The major fire had erupted in the factory on Saturday evening. The severity of the blaze was such that it took the Ahmedabad Fire and Emergency Services long time to put it off. Dead bodies workers were recovered from the facility by the firefighters. Following the incident, DISH, which functions under the Labour and Employment department, issued a closure order to the denim manufacturing facility on Sunday.
“We have issued a closure order to the facility so that more lives are not put atrisk. We will review the safety aspects before allowing resumption of manufacturing operations,” said Vipul Mittra, additional chief secretary of Labour and Employment department.
Mittra also said that Nandan Denim will pay ex-gratia compensation of Rs. 10 lakh each to the next of kin of the deceased workers.“Moreover, the company will also provide a job to one family member of each of the deceased workers based on their qualification,” he added.
- ACB in North Gujarat nabs 3 including Engineer and police personnel taking bribe
- From this day on, India will hold a very special place in our hearts: US president Trump in Gujarat
- Rousing welcome to Trump with, people lining up to greet him
- Engineering wise, Motera Stadium, one of our most challenging projects, it is built to last 100 years: L&T
- Digital infrastructure at Motera Stadium is better than any other place in the world: Mukesh Ambani
- Trump writes brief note in Sabarmati Ashram's visitor's book, thanks 'great friend' Modi for wonderful visit