Seven deaths in Nandan Denim fire incident on Pirana road in AhmedabadFebruary 09, 2020
Ahmedabad: Seven persons are dead in a major fire at a Chiripal owned Nandan Denim textile unit on Narol-Pirana Road on Saturday evening. Their bodies were completely charred. Some more laborers are reportedly missing, which indicates that death toll may go even higher.
Fire officials said the discovery of dead bodies took time as the unit officials didn’t intimate Fire staff about potential presence of workers inside when fire broke out. There were only two major exit points.
A total of 19 vehicles from Ahmedabad Fire and Emergency Services (AFES) were pressed into operation as the blaze continued in the unit.
Ahmedabad Fire and Emergency Services (AFES) had received a call at 5.48 pm. Based on the initial report, 12 vehicles were moved to the spot. After assessing the severity, 7 more were called from nearby fire stations. 2 snorkels, 5 multi-purpose vehicles and 8 tankers among other vehicles were involved in fire control task.
Relatives of the workers also gheraoed the management over the deaths.
Reason of fire has not bee known as entire shade is gutted, said Chief Fire Officer MF Dastoor adding that no NOC had been taken for this metal structure shade.
- Names and locations of 7 new Coronavirus patients in Ahmedabad announced by AMC
- Details of Coronavirus positive cases in Bhavnagar
- Heat-wave with yellow level warning in parts of Kutch region, similar warnings for tomorrow as well
- Two Gujarat cop who skipped duty to offer Namaz in group arrested and suspended from duty
- Rajkot based Jyoti CNC manufactures indigenous ventilator machine in 10 days, first 1,000 to be gifted to Gujarat govt
- One of earliest Covid19 patients in Amdavad, writes this message on social media from hospital bed