Centre forms Empowered Committee to find ways for restart of stalled Dahej – Ghogha ro ro ferry serviceFebruary 13, 2020
New Delhi: Dahej – Ghogha row row ferry service is closed since long due to draft problem which is linked to dredging. The Government of Gujarat has sought technical assistance from Union Shipping ministry to find a way to resume the service. Int his context, a high level meeting chaired by MoS Shipping Mansukh Mandavia was held in presence of Shipping secretary, additional secretary, joint secretary, CEO-Gujarat Maritime Board, ferry partner among others. Various options to resume Dahej – Ghogha service were discussed in this meeting. Finally, a decision was taken to form an empowered group led by additional secretary of Government of India. The group includes officials of central government and Gujarat government and technical experts as its members. The empowered group will discuss technicalities of the issue and suggest solutions to make a way for ferry service to resume. These details were shared through a Gujarati press release issued by Shipping minister Mandavia.
- Responding to PM Modi's voluntary call, India lights diyas at 9 pm
- Names and locations of 8 new patients of Coronavirus in Ahmedabad
- Keshubhai, Paresh Rawal, Morari Bapu, Rameshbhai Oza others in video talk with Gujarat CM
- Covid19 in Gujarat at 128 so far; Major share of Tabligh Jamat in fresh increase; 14-month old child in Jamnagar infected
- Names and locations of 7 new Coronavirus patients in Ahmedabad announced by AMC
- Details of Coronavirus positive cases in Bhavnagar