Gujarat Tourism – ITDC sign MoU at Tourism Secretaries meet in Dhordo Tent City of KutchFebruary 13, 2020
Bhuj A MoU was signed today between Central govt arm ITDC and Gujarat Tourism Department in presence of Union minister of state for Tourism Prahlad Singh Patel and Gujarat Chief Minister Rupani for consultancy service develop innovative and decorative light and sound show on Gujarat’s major tourist places.
The occasion was start of three-day All India Council of Tourism Secretaries, organized by the Union Ministry of Tourism and Culture in cooperation with Government of Gujarat, at Dhordo in theGreat Rann of Kutch.
Speaking at the inaugural session, Rupani said that special provision has been made in the Budget for promoting five iconic archaeological sites in India, including from Gujarat at Dholavira and Lothal. He said the world’s tallest statue, Statue of Unity, to commemorate Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, was built with the initiative of Prime Minister with a view to link religion, culture and history with national unity for tourism. Tourists visiting the site of the statue are spellbound by the Unity Wall and Bharat Bhavan.
He said there is great scope for developing tourism in Gujarat for which the State Government has developed many more new sites like MadhavpurGhed during the last three years.Referring to development in Kutch district, he said, it was after the earthquake that Prime Minister and the then Chief Minister Narendra Moditook initiative to showcase the Great Rann of Kutch as a unique tourist spot.
Quoting Mr. Modi, Mr. Rupani said the three mantras for promoting tourism are tradition, talent and trade
Union Minister of State for Tourism Prahlad Singh Patel said the Rann of Kutch is like a heaven on the earth, which has become a tourist centre added to it cultural activities, thanks to farsightedness of Prime Minister Modi.
- ACB in North Gujarat nabs 3 including Engineer and police personnel taking bribe
- From this day on, India will hold a very special place in our hearts: US president Trump in Gujarat
- Rousing welcome to Trump with, people lining up to greet him
- Engineering wise, Motera Stadium, one of our most challenging projects, it is built to last 100 years: L&T
- Digital infrastructure at Motera Stadium is better than any other place in the world: Mukesh Ambani
- Trump writes brief note in Sabarmati Ashram's visitor's book, thanks 'great friend' Modi for wonderful visit