Melania Trump tweets “POTUS and I are excited” to visit IndiaFebruary 13, 2020
Washington: First Lady of the United States (FLOTUS) Melania Trump said she and her husband Donald Trump are excited about their India visit later this month and thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for inviting them.
“Thank you Narendra Modi for the kind invitation. Looking forward to visiting Ahmedabad and New Dehli later this month. @POTUS and I are excited for the trip & to celebrate the close ties between the USA and India,” Ms Trump tweeted on Tuesday, responding to PM Modi’s tweet in which he said their visit is a “very special one”.
Donald Trump and Melania Trump are scheduled for their first trip to India on February 24.
On February 24, Mr Trump will participate in a huge joint public meeting called “Kem Chho Trump!” with Prime Minister Modi at a giant stadium. The event will be similar to Houston’s “Howdy, Modi!” function held in September last year.
Thank you @narendramodi for the kind invitation. Looking forward to visiting Ahmedabad & New Dehli later this month. @POTUS & I are excited for the trip & to celebrate the close ties between the #USA & #India. https://t.co/49LzQPiVLf
— Melania Trump (@FLOTUS) February 12, 2020
The venue for “Kem Chho, Trump” will be Ahmedabad’s newly- constructed Sardar Patel Stadium which has a seating capacity of 1.10 lakh, more than the Melbourne Cricket Ground in Australia, the biggest cricket stadium in the world. Mr Trump will inaugurate the stadium.
Over one lakh people are expected to attend the event.
Before the “Kem Chho, Trump” event, the US President, along with PM Modi, will participate in a roadshow as well as visit Sabarmati Ashram to pay tribute to Mahatma Gandhi. The roadshow has been planned along a 10-km decked-up stretch from the Ahmedabad airport to the Sabarmati Ashram.
“India will accord a memorable welcome to our esteemed guests. This visit is a very special one and it will go a long way in further cementing India-USA friendship,” PM Modi had tweeted on Tuesday morning.
- PM to launch financing facility under Agriculture Infrastructure Fund
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- AMC declares 20 more Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 17
- DGP Ashish Bhatia orders a 15-day drive by Gujarat Police to find out missing children
- 1074 new cases of Covid19 recorded in Gujarat in 24 hours
- Centre's reply on demand to name Surat airport after Morarji Desai
- Gujarat CM makes relief announcements for kin of late corona warrior govt staffers
- Mela, Pad Yatra, Janmasthami, Ganesh Utsav and Tajiya gatherings, Processions not to be allowed: Jadeja