AAI, Adani Airports Ltd ink pacts for managing three airports including AhmedabadFebruary 14, 2020
New Delhi: Airport Authority of India (AAI) today signed three concession agreements with the Adani Airports Ltd for operations, management and development of Ahmedabad, Lucknow and Mangaluru airports through Public Private Partnership (PPP).
It is yet not clear when Adani Airports Ltd will take over the operations of these airports. There was speculation that takeover could be possible in the month of April this year.
Adani Group on Friday inked agreements with the Airports Authority of India (AAI) for the management, operations and development of Ahmedabad, Mangaluru and Lucknow airports.
In 2018, the government decided to privatise airports at Lucknow, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Mangaluru, Thiruvananthapuram, and Guwahati. It was for operation, management and development of these aerodromes through public-private partnership model.
Adani Enterprises Ltd (AEL) won the rights to run these six airports after international competitive bidding process.
The concession fee that AAI would receive will be utilized for the maintenance and development of the Brownfield Airports along with RCS-UDAN and other Greenfield Airports across the nation.
“Today, as we sign the concession agreements for Mangaluru, Lucknow & A’bad with the AAI, its the beginning of another historic journey catering to India’s exponential airport infra demands,” Adani Group chairman Gautam Adani said in a tweet.
- Seven who gathered for Namaz, booked by Raopura police in Vadodara
- 2nd Covid19 patient in Patan booked for hiding details of fist Covid19 patient and thereby help virus to spread
- When we are in difficulty, nation backs us, when nation is in difficult time, we want to extend our support: Farmers in Amreli
- Even with more tests, proportion of positive cases has remained at around 5%: Dr. Jayanti Ravi
- Fumigation in 10 sq m wall city area done today: AMC
- Adani Gas announces cut in CNG and Domestic PNG prices