City Police share more details about President Trump’s visit to Gujarat and related security arrangementsFebruary 15, 2020
Ahmedabad: U.S. President Donald Trump will be welcomed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Sardar Patel international airport. President Trump will be given guard of honor at the airport on his arrival, said city police official DCP Vijay Patel addressing media.
He said President Trump’s visit will take place in the afternoon on February 24.
Patel said, President Trump and Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Sabarmati Gandhi Ashram from airport via Dafnala and RTO circle. After a programme at Sabarmati Ashram, they will use same route and reach Motera stadium via Indira Bridge and Koteshwar. Various cultural performances will be performed on the stages set up en route.
— DeshGujarat (@DeshGujarat) February 15, 2020
Patel said, the function in Motera stadium will be attended by 1.20 lakh people. Each of them has been invited with individual’s name. Those in stadium will come from various districts. Local police is verifying their background and details.
Parking facility for those attending the function in stadium will be within 1.5 km radios. They will need to walk for some distance from 28 parking lots.
In all 25 IPS officers, 65 ACP level officials, 200 police inspectors, 800 police sub inspectors and 10,000 police men will be deployed during President Trump and Prime Minister Modi’s joint visit.
SPG (Special Protection Group) team will arrive in advance and review the security arrangements. In addition to this, NSG (National Security Guards) units are also going to arrive. They shall have anti-sniper and BDS (Bomb Disposal Squad) units too. State police is already doing anti-sabotage checking through its own BDS unit.
City police has held a meeting with hotel owners and details of visitors are being checked through PINAC software. Details of rented properties are being checked by cops.
Agencies involved in advance security arrangements include SPG, State IB (Intelligence Bureau) and secret service. Gujarat Police is coordinating between them.
Patel said, minute-to-minute detailed programme of visit has not been received yet.
- Heavy rains in most parts of Gujarat; Anand receives 13 inches
- AMC declares 17 new Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 32
- 1092 new cases of Covid19 in Gujarat in 23 hours, taking total cases to over 75,000
- AMC asks establishments with over 30 staffers to appoint Covid Coordinator
- Narendrabhai Modi becomes India's longest serving Non-Congress Prime Minister; 4th longest serving Prime Minister overall
- AMC shuts Gwalia Sweet Shop, declares it Quarantine area
- AMC bulletin on Covid-19 situation in Ahmedabad City as on August 13
- Arun Jaitley, Sushma Swaraj and more; AMC names five over bridges in the city