Reliance consolidates media and distribution businessesFebruary 17, 2020
Mumbai: Reliance Industries (NSE: RELIANCE) today announced a consolidation of its media and distribution businesses spread across multiple entities into Network18.
Under the Scheme of Arrangement, TV18 Broadcast (NSE: TV18), Hathway Cable & Datacom (NSE: HATHWAY) and Den Networks (NSE: DEN) will merge into Network18 Media & Investments (NSE: NETWORK18).The Appointed Date for the merger shall be February 1, 2020. The Board of Directors of the respective companies approved the Scheme of Amalgamation and Arrangement at their meetings held today.
The broadcasting business will be housed in Network18 and the cable and ISP businesses in two separate wholly owned subsidiaries of Network18.
The restructuring shall create value-chain integration,and render substantial economies of scale.
The Scheme shall also simplify the corporate structure of the group by reducing the number of listed entities.
The aggregation of a content powerhouse across news and entertainment (both linear and digital) and the country’s largest cable distribution network under the same umbrella shall boost efficiency and exploit synergies, creating value for all stakeholders.
The media industry is accelerating towards being a B2C play, led both by market factors and through regulation. An integrated media play shall further increase the breadth as well as depth of the group’s consumer touch points, and allow for retaining a larger share of the consumer’s spend on content.
The reorganization furthers the group strategy of building a media powerhouse that is agnostic across pipes, platforms and screens.
Shareholders of all the four Companies will benefit from streamlining of operations and strategy, focused management, and reduction of risk through consolidation.
– Will be an integrated media and distribution company with a revenue of ~Rs. 8,000 cr,
– Will scale-up as one of the largest listed players in the sector
– Will be net-debt free at consolidated level, providing a solid base for growth as well as improved shareholder returns
– Will benefit from a balanced mix of cyclical and annuity revenues to unlock growth while ensuring stability.
– Will create eco-system for growth opportunities in digital, broadcast media, cable and broadband.
The consolidation of cable businesses of Den and Hathway in one entity will leverage the combined strength of the ~27000 LCO partners who act as the touch points to ~15 mn households in India; delivering localized, people-friendly and ultra-fast customer services.
The combined Broadband entity will serve ~1 mn wireline broadband subscribers across the country.
- Fight against Covid19: Gujarat CM makes three new announcements
- 3365 vehicles of those breaching lockdown seized: Gujarat Police
- 10,000 labourers sent to native places in buses, 1800 Gujaratis stuck in Haridwar to be brought back: State govt
- 55 Covid19 cases in Gujarat, 01 more death
- Two systems including the one over Central Pakistan likely to cause non-seasonal rain in parts of Gujarat for 3 more days from
- Railways training institute building in Vadodara identified for creating a quarantine facility