Motera Stadium awarded IGBC Gold Green Building rating; becomes India’s first green rated Cricket stadiumFebruary 20, 2020
Ahmedabad: The new Sardar Patel Cricket Stadium at Motera in Ahmedabad has been awarded Indian green building congress (IGBC) Green Building Gold rating.
The stadium has gained this distinction of being not only the largest cricket stadium ever built in the world but also India’s first green rated cricket stadium.
Sameer Sinha, Chairman, IGBC Ahmedabad Chapter and Mr Jayesh Hariyani, Co-Chair, IGBC, Ahmedabad Chapter presented IGBC plaque to Mr Parimal Nathwani, Member of Parliament and Jay Shah, Secretary, BCCI at a programme organised today at Gujarat Cricket Association.
Some of the green features incorporated in the stadium include the following:
– 11 acres of vegetation to enhance biodiversity
– High performance air conditioning systems
– 100% LED lighting to reduce energy consumption
– Potable water saving of 1.2 Million litres every year
– Rainwater harvesting capacity of 32 lakh litres per day
– Onsite sewage treatment plant of 1 MLD capacity to treat and reuse 100% wastewater for landscaping & flushing requirements
– 3,400 tonnes of construction waste diverted from being sent to landfills.
- 919 new cases of Covid-19 detected, active cases 11,302 : Gujarat govt
- ECI takes decision on who can cast vote through postal ballot in upcoming by-polls and Bihar election
- Covid-19: Centre's expert team on two-day visit to Surat and Ahmedabad
- ACB nabs Mamlatdar cum Executive Magistrate for receiving bribe in Surat
- New trade routes to North East (via Bangladesh sea) and Bhutan open
- IKDRC shortens time span for transplant surgeries to clear backlog