Motera Stadium awarded IGBC Gold Green Building rating; becomes India’s first green rated Cricket stadiumFebruary 20, 2020
Ahmedabad: The new Sardar Patel Cricket Stadium at Motera in Ahmedabad has been awarded Indian green building congress (IGBC) Green Building Gold rating.
The stadium has gained this distinction of being not only the largest cricket stadium ever built in the world but also India’s first green rated cricket stadium.
Sameer Sinha, Chairman, IGBC Ahmedabad Chapter and Mr Jayesh Hariyani, Co-Chair, IGBC, Ahmedabad Chapter presented IGBC plaque to Mr Parimal Nathwani, Member of Parliament and Jay Shah, Secretary, BCCI at a programme organised today at Gujarat Cricket Association.
Some of the green features incorporated in the stadium include the following:
– 11 acres of vegetation to enhance biodiversity
– High performance air conditioning systems
– 100% LED lighting to reduce energy consumption
– Potable water saving of 1.2 Million litres every year
– Rainwater harvesting capacity of 32 lakh litres per day
– Onsite sewage treatment plant of 1 MLD capacity to treat and reuse 100% wastewater for landscaping & flushing requirements
– 3,400 tonnes of construction waste diverted from being sent to landfills.
- Clash Royale partners with JIO for a 27-day gaming tournament starting November 28
- Ahmed Patel's last rites performed at his native village Piraman in Gujarat
- PM likely to visit Zydus in Gujarat, SSI in Pune to review progress of Covid vaccine the
- No daytime curfew, no lockdown to come: Gujarat Chief Minister
- PM Modi condoles the passing away of Diego Maradona
- PM Modi addresses 80th All India Presiding Officers Conference virtually at Kevadia in Gujarat
- AMC declares 31 more Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad
- AHNA announces discharge criteria for patients admitted with Covid19