Engineering wise, Motera Stadium, one of our most challenging projects, it is built to last 100 years: L&TFebruary 24, 2020
Ahmedabad: L&T Construction which built the world’s largest cricket stadium at Motera in Ahmedabad today said engineering wise, this has been one of its most challenging projects.
“Engineering wise, this has been one of our most challenging projects that involved the erection of 9,000+ precast elements, including some of the heaviest weighing up to 285 MT,” remarked Mr M V Satish, Whole-Time Director & Senior Executive Vice President (Buildings, Minerals & Metals), L&T.
The world’s largest cricket stadium at Motera, Ahmedabad, built by Larsen & Toubro, today played host to the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi, and the Hon’ble President of the United States of America, Mr Donald Trump, in the presence of a galaxy of personalities from across the spectrum in front of a packed stadium.
“One unique aspect of the Motera Stadium, among many, is that every seat in the stadium has an uninterrupted view of the field of play that is sure to make cricket viewing a pleasure,” he added.
L&T statement further said, ‘Designed by Populous, the Motera Stadium, built to last a century, boasts of several unique aspects such as clusters of LED lights carefully positioned on the roof to avoid the multiple shadows of players on the pitch and an efficient drainage system. It is also a water and energy efficient green construction.’
Constructed by the Buildings & Factories business vertical that resides within L&T Construction, the construction arm of L&T, the stadium took four years in the making, which included demolishing the previous stadium at the same site.
The world’s largest cricket stadium at Motera today played host to the Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi, and President of the United States of America, Donald Trump, in the presence of a galaxy of personalities from across the spectrum in front of a packed stadium.
- 78% happy with Modi govt performance, Shah best minister, Yogi best CM: Mood of The Nation Poll
- AMC declares 17 more Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 17
- 1074 new cases of Covid-19 detected in 24 hours in Gujarat
- PM to launch financing facility under Agriculture Infrastructure Fund
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- AMC declares 20 more Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 17
- DGP Ashish Bhatia orders a 15-day drive by Gujarat Police to find out missing children
- 1074 new cases of Covid19 recorded in Gujarat in 24 hours