Police won’t spare anyone involved directly or indirectly in the violence in Khambhat: DGP Shivanand JhaFebruary 25, 2020
Khambhat:DGP Shivanad Jha today said that the police would not spare any one involved directly or indirectly in the incidents of rioting, violence and arson in and around Khambhat town in central Gujarat.
Talking to newsmen here after rushing to the communally sensitive town this evening following the recent spate of communal violence in which a policeman has also been injured, Jha said that the SP, DySP and other police officials have been removed for their failure to contain the incidents of violence.
The ATS has also been involved in the investigation and if it came to fore that any of the police officials had nexus with or had shown lax attitude towards the hooligans, strict action would be initiated against them too.
Jha said that Khambhat was once known for its peaceful atmosphere but the situation and peace here has been disturbed for past some time. ‘As per the government instructions the police would ensure the peace in the town again and also book those trying to directly or indirectly trying to disturb it,’ he said.
- Gujarat Assembly Monsoon Session 2020: Details of first day of business
- 'કૃષિ સુધાર બિલ ૨૦૨૦'માં માત્રને માત્ર ખેડૂતોના હિતોનું જ ધ્યાન રાખવામાં આવ્યું છે: સી.આર.પાટીલ
- Congress MLAs protest govt practice of giving fine collection targets to traffic cops
- Gujarat Chief Minister's remark ahead of start of Gujarat Assembly Monsoon Session 2020
- Two Universities in Gujarat to get national status
- AMC declares 9 more Micro Containment Areas
- PM Modi to inaugurate and address VAIBHAV summit on 2nd October
- News in brief from across Gujarat