Transfer of SP Makrand Chauhan, DySP Reema Munshi over Khambhat violence; Disturbed area act to be imposedFebruary 25, 2020
Gandhinagar: The Government of Gujarat today transferred Anand district police chief SP Makrand Chauhan and Khambhat DySP Reema Munshi and replaced them with Ahmedabad Traffic DCP Ajit Rajian and ACB Gujarat DySP Bharti Pandya following the incidents of communal violence in Khambhat town of Anand district. Chauhan and Munshi will need to wait for their next posting. In another development, the State government has also decided to impose disturbed area act in Khambhat. State police chief (DGP) has paid visit to Khambhat.
MoS Home, Pradipsinh Jadeja in his briefing said:
– DGP Shivanand Jha has been moved to Khambhat
– As SP Makrand Chauhan is on leave, Ahmedabad city DCP traffic Ajit Rajian has been appointed SP Anand
– DySP Bharti Pandya has also been appointed as DySP Khambhat. Police Sub Inspector and Police Inspector are also shifted.
– CCTV will be checked in order to take strict actions against accused.
– 47 rioters have been arrested in connection with four complaints filed.
– Combing operation is underway in entire Khambhat town and district.
– Conspiracy was made to disturb peace in various areas of Khambhat.
– The State government has taken a decision to impose the disturbed area act in Khabhat.
– Congress is attempting to disturb the peaceful atmosphere in Gujarat through politics of appeasement.
- ACB Gujarat nabs Jail Superintendent, jailer in Rs. 1.32 lakh bribe case
- PM Modi wearing a special Pagh from Jammagar
- Live: State level Republic Day function of Gujarat at Dahod
- Mohan Bhagwat unfurls national tricolor at RSS Gujarat headquarters
- Live: 72nd Republic Day celebrations in New Delhi
- Vadodara politician attacked by Water supply department official of VMC; video goes viral
- Keshubhai Patel conferred with Padma Bhushan, Naresh Mahesh Kanodia Padmashri posthumous
- Vadodara - Ankleshwar Express Way by November 2021