Will leave the town if no protection: Hindus in KhambhatFebruary 26, 2020
Khambhat: Around 15,000 Hindus gathered at Sardar Tower in Khambhat town of Central Gujarat on Tuesday and told the administration that if they are not protected, they will vacate Khambhat town. The town observed complete strike on Monday against the incidents of violence on Sunday.
Following were the demands they made:
– Impose disturbed area act in Khambhat
– Set up permanent police points at the places where Hindus are attacked by Muslim mobs often. Bus station, Juma mosque, Pirojpur, Power house are such areas.
– Harassment of Hindus through their arrests by police should stopped.
– Hindu temples must be given protection with immediate effect.
– Whenever there are communal clashes in the town, Police thrash Hindu community’s women and youths. This must stop.
– Police also this time harassed a pregnant woman. Chunara and Koli community youths are always targeted. Their properties suffer damages too.
– Ritaben Nagar from Pirojpur area of town said, a mob of over 1,000 Muslims literally looted the homes and torched the vehicles. The government if can’t protect us should repay the losses.
Sunday: 2.30 pm onward – stone pelting between two groups in Akbarpura followed by loot, arson and attack by violent mob in Bhavsarvad area. Acid bulbs and petrol fire in Bhoibari area. At 4.30 pm more police force moved and tear gas shells lobbed. At 5.30 pm Rapid Action Force (RAF)’s two battalions conducted flag march. Post 6.30 PM, peace restored.
On Monday, February 24 – 48 arrested following FIRs.
On Tuesday, February 25 – Sri Ram Sena’s bandh call successful. Large number of people gathered at tower chowk. A memorandum handed over to Prant officer. However at 12.30 pm, shop, house and vehicles torched. Police and RAF marched in Sakkarpur area. Combing operation started. At 6.00 pm, State DGP visited the town.
- 1073 new cases of Covid-19 in 24 hours in Gujarat, 23 deaths, 1046 recoveries
- 10 hour power to farmers in North and Central Gujarat from August 7
- Detailed concept plan of proposed Ram Janmabhumi Mandir in Ayodhya
- In pictures: PM Narendra Modi's mother Hiraba watching Live telecast of Ayodhya event
- Live: Ram Janmabhumi Mandir Bhumi Pujan in Ayodhya
- Dream close to my heart now getting fulfilled: LK Advani
- AMC declares 14 new Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 22
- Gujarat records 1020 new cases of Covid-19 in 24 hours