Khambhat violence: One booked for circulating audio clip over social mediaFebruary 27, 2020
Ahmedabad: Khambhat Police has booked a person for circulation of audio clip that may excite communal anger against another community.
According to a complaint filed by Anand district police’s Local Crime Branch (LCB) head constable Sanjaykumar Dayaram, an audio clip provoking one community against other in connection with communal violence incidents in Khambhat was circulated by a user of specific mobile number in Whats app group. This clip was made viral on social media platform using internet. Particular clip could potentially trigger clash, animosity, rivalry, hate and disturb peace, and it was circulated to achieve such motives.
Accused Matin Yunusbhai Vohra has been booked under IPC sections 505, 295(c) and Information Technology Act section 65.
Special Operation Group of Anand Police has filed another complaint against unidentified persons for making an audio clip viral.
- 78% happy with Modi govt performance, Shah best minister, Yogi best CM: Mood of The Nation Poll
- AMC declares 17 more Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 17
- 1074 new cases of Covid-19 detected in 24 hours in Gujarat
- PM to launch financing facility under Agriculture Infrastructure Fund
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- AMC declares 20 more Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 17
- DGP Ashish Bhatia orders a 15-day drive by Gujarat Police to find out missing children
- 1074 new cases of Covid19 recorded in Gujarat in 24 hours