Khambhat violence: One booked for circulating audio clip over social mediaFebruary 27, 2020
Ahmedabad: Khambhat Police has booked a person for circulation of audio clip that may excite communal anger against another community.
According to a complaint filed by Anand district police’s Local Crime Branch (LCB) head constable Sanjaykumar Dayaram, an audio clip provoking one community against other in connection with communal violence incidents in Khambhat was circulated by a user of specific mobile number in Whats app group. This clip was made viral on social media platform using internet. Particular clip could potentially trigger clash, animosity, rivalry, hate and disturb peace, and it was circulated to achieve such motives.
Accused Matin Yunusbhai Vohra has been booked under IPC sections 505, 295(c) and Information Technology Act section 65.
Special Operation Group of Anand Police has filed another complaint against unidentified persons for making an audio clip viral.
- ACB Gujarat nabs Jail Superintendent, jailer in Rs. 1.32 lakh bribe case
- PM Modi wearing a special Pagh from Jammagar
- Live: State level Republic Day function of Gujarat at Dahod
- Mohan Bhagwat unfurls national tricolor at RSS Gujarat headquarters
- Live: 72nd Republic Day celebrations in New Delhi
- Vadodara politician attacked by Water supply department official of VMC; video goes viral
- Keshubhai Patel conferred with Padma Bhushan, Naresh Mahesh Kanodia Padmashri posthumous
- Vadodara - Ankleshwar Express Way by November 2021