Khambhat violence: One booked for circulating audio clip over social mediaFebruary 27, 2020
Ahmedabad: Khambhat Police has booked a person for circulation of audio clip that may excite communal anger against another community.
According to a complaint filed by Anand district police’s Local Crime Branch (LCB) head constable Sanjaykumar Dayaram, an audio clip provoking one community against other in connection with communal violence incidents in Khambhat was circulated by a user of specific mobile number in Whats app group. This clip was made viral on social media platform using internet. Particular clip could potentially trigger clash, animosity, rivalry, hate and disturb peace, and it was circulated to achieve such motives.
Accused Matin Yunusbhai Vohra has been booked under IPC sections 505, 295(c) and Information Technology Act section 65.
Special Operation Group of Anand Police has filed another complaint against unidentified persons for making an audio clip viral.
- Fight against Covid19: Gujarat CM makes three new announcements
- 3365 vehicles of those breaching lockdown seized: Gujarat Police
- 10,000 labourers sent to native places in buses, 1800 Gujaratis stuck in Haridwar to be brought back: State govt
- 6 more Covid19 positive cases in Gujarat, total at 53, one more death
- Two systems including the one over Central Pakistan likely to cause non-seasonal rain in parts of Gujarat for 3 more days from
- Railways training institute building in Vadodara identified for creating a quarantine facility