Surat Airport runway extension work to take place after ONGC safe its gas pipeline in box culvertMarch 09, 2020
Surat: Navsari Lok Sabha member CR Patil said the present 2905 meter runway of Surat airport will be extended to 3110 meter length after central government owned company ONGC put its gas pipeline passing through the land near airport safe in box culvert. Patil said ONGC has already taken a decision to spend Rs. 70 crore on this work.
Patil was speaking at Vesu flat holder residence association’s felicitation function.
He said airport runway extension will not result into demolition of 48 buildings as line convert related file is passed in related ministry in the Centre.
It’s worth noting that flat owners in as many as 48 buildings were served notice by DGCA for demolition of flats obstructing flights path. A hearing in this regard was held at Mumbai on March 3. However CR Patil along with some of the affected flat owners called on union minister Hardip Singh Puri and made a representation, following which hearing will take place in Surat on March 19.
Patil said, he would do all attempt to see that not even single flat is demolished.
- Video shows Chinese soldiers crying as they allegedly head to Sino-Indian border
- MoU signed with Israel at iCreate Gujarat
- AMC declares 12 more Micro Containment Areas; clears existing 30
- JIO announces JioPostPaid Plus
- Deepan Bhadran moved as SP Jamnagar as nuisance of a local major organized gang rises
- Tata Motors drives out the 3,00,000th Tiago from its Sanand plant
- Viraat arrives off Alang coast after final journey
- Five Bills on the second day of Monsoon Session of Gujarat Assembly today