SBI waives off Average Monthly Balance on all Savings Bank AccountsMarch 11, 2020
Mumbai: Country’s largest lender, State Bank of India has decided to waive maintenance of Average Monthly Balance (AMB) for all Savings Bank Accounts in attempt to further boost the efforts to promote Financial Inclusion in the country. The charges on maintaining AMB are now waived off on all 44.51 crore SBI savings bank accounts. Currently SBI Savings Bank customers’ needs to maintain AMB of Rs 3000, Rs 2000 and Rs 1000 in Metro, Semi Urban and Rural areas respectively. Bank used to levy a penalty of Rs 5 to Rs 15 + taxes on non-maintenance of AMB.
The bank has also waived off SMS charges. Bank has also rationalised interest rate on SB Account to a flat 3 % p.a. for all buckets.
Rajnish Kumar, Chairman, SBI announcing the waiver said “This announcement will bring in more smiles and delight to our valuable customers. Waiving AMB is SBI’s yet another initiative to provide customers a more convenience and elated banking experience. We believe this initiative would empower our customers towards banking with SBI and boost their confidence in SBI.”
- ACB Gujarat nabs Jail Superintendent, jailer in Rs. 1.32 lakh bribe case
- PM Modi wearing a special Pagh from Jammagar
- Live: State level Republic Day function of Gujarat at Dahod
- Mohan Bhagwat unfurls national tricolor at RSS Gujarat headquarters
- Live: 72nd Republic Day celebrations in New Delhi
- Vadodara politician attacked by Water supply department official of VMC; video goes viral
- Keshubhai Patel conferred with Padma Bhushan, Naresh Mahesh Kanodia Padmashri posthumous
- Vadodara - Ankleshwar Express Way by November 2021