Tata Power says it will continue normal operations at Mundra power plant till March 20March 11, 2020
Mumbai: Tata Power today in a note said, it will continue normal operations of the Mundra power plant till 20th March as acceptable solution is awaited after positive discussions.
Tata Power in its statement said: Further to the notices issued by 4000 MW Coastal Gujarat Power Ltd (CGPL) for closure of the Mundra Power plant progressively from 11th March to the five procurer States due to delay in adoption of the High Powered Committee recommendation and entering into supplemental PPA, a meeting was convened by Union Power Secretary on 9th March 2020. The meeting was attended by all the five State’s Energy Secretaries/officials and the contours of an acceptable solution was discussed.
There were certain legal and contractual issues discussed pertaining to the PPA in light of the earlier and subsequent Supreme Court orders, which all parties have agreed to examine upon. It was agreed that the Union Power Secretary will re-convene another meeting within next 10 days so as to arrive at a decision on the same on or before 20th March.
Given the positive discussions in this meeting and the intent expressed by all parties to arrive at an acceptable solution, CGPL awaits decision by 20th March and till such time normal operations of the Mundra plant will continue. The notices still remain valid and CGPL will consider appropriate decision on the notice of closure based on the outcome of these meetings.
We are reasonably confident of arriving at a solution for Mundra Plant in the next few weeks to avoid closure of the plant.
- Indian Coast Guard rescues crew onboard MSV Krishna Sudama
- AMC teams seal eateries for violation of Covid19 pandemic related rules
- Hakubha denies nexus with wanted mafia Jayesh alias Jaysukh; Nathwani posts indicative tweet; another Audio of mafia Jayesh comes to light
- AMC declares 8 new Micro Containment Zones, clears existing 22
- PM Modi makes strong pitch for India's inclusion as permenent member of UNSC
- No State level Navratri Mahotsav this year by Gujarat government
- BJP chief JP Nadda announces National Office Bearers of Party; Bhavnagar MP Bhartiben Shiyal made Vice President
- Bills passed in recently concluded Monsoon session of Gujarat Assembly 2020