Statue of Unity, Gandhi Ashram, ASI monuments, museums, safari parks, zoo across Gujarat shut for visitorsMarch 17, 2020
Gandhinagar: The Government of Gujarat has taken a decision to shut Statue of Unity and other nearby tourist attraction at Kevadiya in Central Gujarat till March 25 as preventive measure against coronavirus spread. The government had yesterday already ordered closure of all zoos, safari parks and sanctuaries for public visit for two weeks. The State government has also ordered closure of all museums across the State. Kankaria lake front, a public place in Ahmedabad which attracts large number of visitors every day has been closed too in order to discourage more public visits.
In related development, the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has taken a decision nationally to shut all monuments protected by it including Rani ni Vav in Patan, Adalaj ni Vav at Adalaj and Champaner monuments at Pavagadh for public visits for now.
Sabaramati Ashram Preservation and Memorial Trust has in its statement announced that ashram will be shut for visitors during 19-29 March.
With this, tourism has virtually gone standstill across Gujarat.
- આવી રહ્યો છે, માસ્ક ન પહેરનારાઓ માટે ફરજિયાત કોવિડ સેન્ટરમાં સેવા આપવાનો હુકમ
- AMC declares 28 more Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad
- Gujarat govt announce changes and exemptions in Contract Labour Act and in Inter-State Migrant Workman Act
- BJP is certain to win hard earned Rajya Sabha seat of late Ahmed Patel in by-poll
- Highest in a day so far, 1607 new cases of Covid19 reported in Gujarat: State health department
- No Prima Facie Case Against Arnab Goswami in Abetment to Suicide Case: Supreme Court
- PM Modi to visit Zydus Cadila Pharma's vaccine development facility in Gujarat on Saturday: Nitin Patel
- Five dead as fire breaks out in covid hospital in Rajkot