PM Narendra Modi’s address to the nation on Corona Virus, makes appeal for Janta Curfew on March 22March 19, 2020
PM Modi gives 9 call to actions this Navratri in his address to the nation:
1- Every India should be vigilant. Avoid stepping out of your homes until it is absolutely essential.
2- Those over the age of 60 should remain inside their homes only.
3- Dutifully observe Janta Curfew on Sunday, 22nd March 2020 from 7 AM to 9 PM.
4- At 5 PM on 22nd March 2020, the day of the Janta Curfew, from your homes, express gratitude to those working round the clock to keep India healthy (such as doctors, nurses, paramedics, municipal staff, armed forces, airport staff)
5- Avoid going to hospitals for routine check-ups. If there are surgeries that can be postponed, kindly do so.
6- Formation of COVID-19 Economic Response Task Force under the leadership of the Finance Minister to comprehensively look at ways to boost the economy.
7- Do not cut the wages of those working in your homes, support staff and drivers, gardeners.
8- Do not indulge in panic buying. India has enough food and ration supplies.
9- Stay away from rumours.
- Japan - India Summit telephone talk takes place between PM Modi and new PM of Japan Suga Yoshihide
- Bilateral Maritime Exercise Between Japan and India (JIMEX 20) to Commence off West Coast of India
- Centre sanctions 250 electric buses for two cities of Gujarat; also approves 50 charging stations
- When world was using space for military domination, Dr Sarabhai thought its use for fast-track development: President Kovind
- Entire Rolling Stock of India's first RRTS train to be manufactured at a Gujarat plant
- MG Motor India to invest Rs 1,000 crore to boost capacity at Gujarat plant, mulling another manufacturing plant
- AMC declares 7 more Micro Containment Zones
- Bullet train project: NHSRCL opens Technical bids for 28 Steel bridges and 88 km of viaduct between Vadodara and Ahmedabad