First death due to coronavirus in GujaratMarch 22, 2020
Surat: Gujarat has registered first death due to novel coronavirus infection. A 67-year old man involved in diamond business.
According to the Health department: One COVID19 positive patient, Male 69 years, died today in Surat hospital. He was having Co-morbid conditions.One Female, 65 years, died in Vadodara hospital but her test report for COVID is awaited. She was also having comorbid conditions(Diabetes & Hypertension).
A person who succumbed to death had multiple problems including kidney failure and asthma. Deceased was not foreign returned but had traveled to Jaipur and Delhi in North India. He was undergoing treatment at city’s Mahavir hospital.
Gujarat has total 18 confirmed positive coronavirus cases.
- AMC declares 31 more Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad
- AHNA announces discharge criteria for patients admitted with Covid19
- All Fixed to Mobile calls to be dialed with prefix ‘0’ from 15th January, 2021
- Highest in a day till date, 1540 new cases of coronavirus reported in Gujarat in 24 hours: State health department
- Sri Sathya Sai Heart Hospital Ahmedabad renews MoU with Odisha Govt for two more years
- L&T Construction awarded large contract to build India’s longest river bridge
- 500 vaccines against coronavirus arrive at Sola civil hospital for trial: Nitin Patel
- 336 Oxygen beds, 56 ICU beds for covid patients to be ready in a week in new Kidney hospital building: Nitin Patel