Gujarat Govt announces Rs.650-crore package for poor and workers in unorganized sectorApril 01, 2020
Gandhinagar: Even as Gujarat Government started free distribution of ration from fair price shops to 65-lakh poor and casual workers in the unorganized sector in the state from today, Chief Minister Vijay Rupani announced a package of Rs.650-crore towards cash assistance of Rs.1,000 to each of those 65-lakh beneficiaries.
The decision was taken at the meeting of the Core Committee, headed by Chief Minister Vijay Rupani and Deputy Chief Minister Nitinbhai Patel, as a humane consideration towards such poor people facing hardship owing to 21-day lockdown imposed to check the spread of the dreaded novel corona virus. The cash will be directly deposited in the accounts of the target group.
Others present at the meeting included Minister of State for Home Pradipsinh Jadeja, Chief Secretary Anil Mukim, Chief Minister’s Chief Principal Secretary K. Kailashnathan and Principal Secretary Manoj Kumar Das.
- AMC declares 20 more Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 17
- DGP Ashish Bhatia orders a 15-day drive by Gujarat Police to find out missing children
- 1074 new cases of Covid19 recorded in Gujarat in 24 hours
- Centre's reply on demand to name Surat airport after Morarji Desai
- Gujarat CM makes relief announcements for kin of late corona warrior govt staffers
- Mela, Pad Yatra, Janmasthami, Ganesh Utsav and Tajiya gatherings, Processions not to be allowed: Jadeja
- PM Modi to inaugurate submarine cable connectivity to Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- PM Modi to inaugurate Rashtriya Swachhata Kendra tomorrow