One arrested for spreading rumor on social media in VadodaraApril 03, 2020
Vadodara: City police has arrested a 35-year old person namely Muhammad Abrar Hussain Shaikh who lives opposite Talimun Niswa Madresa in Vadi area of Vadodara.
Shaikh is accused of sharing a facebook post from his id Abrar Shaikh in which he had stated: ‘Breaking news, 145 of 400 persons stuck in Vaishnovi Devi temple are found suffering from Covid19. More tests are underway.’
Shaikh has been booked under IPC section 505(2) and Disaster Management Act 2005 section 54, by Police Sub Inspector of city’s Cyber Cell police station.
- AMC declares 20 more Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 17
- DGP Ashish Bhatia orders a 15-day drive by Gujarat Police to find out missing children
- 1074 new cases of Covid19 recorded in Gujarat in 24 hours
- Centre's reply on demand to name Surat airport after Morarji Desai
- Gujarat CM makes relief announcements for kin of late corona warrior govt staffers
- Mela, Pad Yatra, Janmasthami, Ganesh Utsav and Tajiya gatherings, Processions not to be allowed: Jadeja
- PM Modi to inaugurate submarine cable connectivity to Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- PM Modi to inaugurate Rashtriya Swachhata Kendra tomorrow