Two Gujarat cop who skipped duty to offer Namaz in group arrested and suspended from dutyApril 04, 2020
Surat: Two cops who offered namaz with other persons including a cleric in local mosque during their duty time have been booked under IPC section 188 and National Disaster Management Act 2005 section 51(B). They have been arrested and suspended from duty with immediate effect.
According a press statement issued by IG office, Surat, a Circle Police Inspector of Ahwa IB Ajmeri and Police Sub Inspector SS Daraiya were on duty at Subir in connection with nationwide lockdown to curb spread of Covid19 infection. They skipped their duty and went to a mosque near Ahwa collector office and offer Namaz with maulvi and others. With this they breached government notification as per which more than four persons can’s assemble.
Three other persons arrested in this case are identified as Zabbar Kureshi, Abdul Vanzara and Shabbir Vani.
More details from FIR:
– Two gates of Madresa, located behind collector office were locked when police team reached the spot.
– Police team jumped from a water tank and entered the Madresa campus and found that the third gate was open.
– 7 persons were spotted present inside the Madresa campus. Of them 5 were offering Namaz. Among them were Circle Police Inspector and Police Sub Inspector.
- As India unlocks, Honda 2Wheelers retailed over 1.15 lac units in May 2020
- Covid-19 situation in Ahmedabad city in latest updated figures
- After HC order, Gujarat govt lifts requirement of approval for Covid-19 tests for 6 categories of patients
- We will definitely get our growth back: PM Modi addressing CII annual session
- Deep Depression over Arabian Sea: Cyclone Alert for north Maharashtra - south Gujarat coasts
- Gujarat Covid19 case total 17,217; New 423 cases in 24 hours including 314 in Ahmedabad