India’s IFSC Authority to be headquartered in GandhinagarApril 28, 2020
Gandhinagar: Government of India through a gazette notification announced that the International Financial Services Centres Authority will be headquartered in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Please find attached the gazette notification (pdf) for your reference.
Also appended below is quote of Tapan Ray, MD & Group CEO, GIFT City welcoming this development.
“We welcome Government of India’s decision to set up the IFSC Authority headquarters at Gandhinagar Gujarat. This will provide a single window regulatory institution which would accelerate the development of India’s first IFSC at GIFT City, Gandhinagar. Both national and international institutions dealing with international financial services would utilize the IFSC platform for inbound and outbound investments with improved ease of doing business, thereby making GIFT IFSC a global financial hub.”
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- AMC declares 20 more Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 17
- DGP Ashish Bhatia orders a 15-day drive by Gujarat Police to find out missing children
- 1074 new cases of Covid19 recorded in Gujarat in 24 hours
- Centre's reply on demand to name Surat airport after Morarji Desai
- Gujarat CM makes relief announcements for kin of late corona warrior govt staffers
- Mela, Pad Yatra, Janmasthami, Ganesh Utsav and Tajiya gatherings, Processions not to be allowed: Jadeja
- PM Modi to inaugurate submarine cable connectivity to Andaman & Nicobar Islands