Three Shramik Special trains from Gujarat operating today to take stranded laborers to UP, OdishaMay 02, 2020
Gandhinagar: Three trains are to be operated today from Gujarat to carry stranded laborers to their native states, Secretary, CMO, Ashwani Kumar said today in his online briefing.
‘Two trains are to leave Ahmedabad for Uttar Pradesh today. One train will leave for Odisha from Surat today.’
‘Each train will have 1200-passenger capacity. Only registered persons with respective district administration will be allowed to board these trains.Those who want to board the train will need to pay for their tickets,’ Ashwani Kumar said.
He said, district Control room number is 1077. Stranded persons should contact this number and register themselves to get pass and medical checkup.
Ashwani Kumar further said that no one should hurry, as stranded persons are to be taken out of the state to their natives in phased manner.
It’s worth noting that yesterday six ‘Shramik Special’ trains for migrant workers and students were operated by railway, however none of them were linked to Gujarat.
- ACB Gujarat nabs Jail Superintendent, jailer in Rs. 1.32 lakh bribe case
- PM Modi wearing a special Pagh from Jammagar
- Live: State level Republic Day function of Gujarat at Dahod
- Mohan Bhagwat unfurls national tricolor at RSS Gujarat headquarters
- Live: 72nd Republic Day celebrations in New Delhi
- Vadodara politician attacked by Water supply department official of VMC; video goes viral
- Keshubhai Patel conferred with Padma Bhushan, Naresh Mahesh Kanodia Padmashri posthumous
- Vadodara - Ankleshwar Express Way by November 2021