39 Shramik Express trains left Gujarat; 30 more operating today, even more are to be operated tomorrowMay 06, 2020
Gandhinagar: 39 Shramik Special trains have left Gujarat so far carrying stranded labourers to their native states, while another 30 special trains are planned today. The Chief Minister has instructed to run even more trains tomorrow. By the evening today, around 82,000 labouers will be on way to their native states.
The trains that are to be operated today include 18 trains to Uttar Pradesh, 7 to Bihar, 3 to Odisha and 2 trains to Jharkhand.
As many as 3.75 lakh people in Gujarat have so far departed to their native states in buses, trains and private vehicles so far.
On the first day the State witnessed departure of 2 trains, on the next day 4 trains, on the third day 11 trains and fourth day 22 trains left Gujarat.
The entire process will be completed in 10-15 days and if needed the arrangements will be extended even after that. The Chief Minister has said that facility will be available to last person who wants to return to native place.
Eastern India has big states with so many centres within each state. Various community organizations prepare lists of stranded labourers and after knowing their choice of destination in their native state. The community organizations match applicants with particular location of particular state. Registered labourers are informed when trains are destined to leave for their choice of location. Those in the list are screened and they are taken to railway station in buses. In this entire process, no chaos has been witnessed so far. It’s a complex and huge process. The trains are point to point and special trains. They are not regular scheduled train. Therefore labourers are requested that they should register and wait for administration to contact them.
Ahmedabad district administration has announced a toll free number for registration of stranded labouers.
Among all states across India, the highest number of trains have been operated from Gujarat.
These details were shared by Ashwani Kumar, Secretary, Chief Minister’s Office, Government of Gujarat in his today’s briefing.
- Three more oxygen generating plants by Vrajrajkumar led VYO inaugurated
- L&T Delivers the First Two Medical- Grade Oxygen Generation Units to Hospitals in Surat
- Gujarat Covid19 recovery rate improves to nearly 85%, active cases count sliding toward below 1 lakh
- Gujarat govt suspends Vaccination for two days across the State
- Covaxin production in Gujarat proposed
- CBI arrest two Medical Device Officers of CDSO in Gujarat in bribery case
- Rameshbhai Oza reacting to rumors clarifies he is completely healthy and well
- Cyclone Tauktae likely to cross Gujarat coast between Porbandar and Mahuva on May 18 morning