33 Shramik Special Express trains leaving Gujarat today to other statesMay 08, 2020
Gandhinagar: In total 33 trains are going to be operated today from Gujarat to other states to carry stranded labouers. 25 of them will run for Uttar Pradesh, 4 for Bihar, 2 for Madhya Pradesh, 1 for Jharkhand, 1 for Rajasthan, 9 for Surat.
Out of 9 trains that are operating from Surat, 5 are for Uttar Pradesh, 2 are from Bihar and 1 each for Jharkhand and Rajatshan.
Vadodara will witness operation of 3 trains including 2 for Uttar Pradesh and 1 for Bihar.
Sabarmati railway station will witness operation of 5 trains to Uttar Pradesh, Viramgam 2 trains.
Watch Live: Press Briefing of Secretary to Hon'ble CM regarding essential supply & other matters in relation to Covid-19 pandemic, 08/05/2020#Covid19 #Gujaratcorona #GujaratFightsCovid19
Amreli, Anand, Bharuch, Bhavnagar, Dahod, Himmatnagar, Jamnagar, Rajkot and Tapi will witness operation of one train each.
Morbi will see departure of 2 trains.
Meanwhile, due to directions passed by the the High court of Odisha, no more train is going to leave Gujarat for Odisha. One such train to Odisha scheduled from Surendranagar has been cancelled so as others. As many as 21 labouers who left Gujarat for Odisha in Shramik Express trains turned out to be Covid19 positive after their departure. Odisha High Court has directed Covid19 tests of Odisha labourers before they leave Gujarat which is practically not possible.
Shramik Train scheduled for tomorrow to Balasore (OR) from Thangadh (GJ) is cancelled keeping in mind the directions passed by the Honourable High court of Odisha.We hold migrant labour in high esteem & recognise their contribution for the state of GJ.I appeal for calm and peace. pic.twitter.com/mFxSBwL1Mv
— COLL SURENDRANAGAR (Hand Wash + Social Distancing) (@CollectorSRN) May 8, 2020
- Video shows Chinese soldiers crying as they allegedly head to Sino-Indian border
- MoU signed with Israel at iCreate Gujarat
- AMC declares 12 more Micro Containment Areas; clears existing 30
- JIO announces JioPostPaid Plus
- Deepan Bhadran moved as SP Jamnagar as nuisance of a local major organized gang rises
- Tata Motors drives out the 3,00,000th Tiago from its Sanand plant
- Viraat arrives off Alang coast after final journey
- Five Bills on the second day of Monsoon Session of Gujarat Assembly today