33 Shramik Special Express trains leaving Gujarat today to other statesMay 08, 2020
Gandhinagar: In total 33 trains are going to be operated today from Gujarat to other states to carry stranded labouers. 25 of them will run for Uttar Pradesh, 4 for Bihar, 2 for Madhya Pradesh, 1 for Jharkhand, 1 for Rajasthan, 9 for Surat.
Out of 9 trains that are operating from Surat, 5 are for Uttar Pradesh, 2 are from Bihar and 1 each for Jharkhand and Rajatshan.
Vadodara will witness operation of 3 trains including 2 for Uttar Pradesh and 1 for Bihar.
Sabarmati railway station will witness operation of 5 trains to Uttar Pradesh, Viramgam 2 trains.
Watch Live: Press Briefing of Secretary to Hon'ble CM regarding essential supply & other matters in relation to Covid-19 pandemic, 08/05/2020#Covid19 #Gujaratcorona #GujaratFightsCovid19
Amreli, Anand, Bharuch, Bhavnagar, Dahod, Himmatnagar, Jamnagar, Rajkot and Tapi will witness operation of one train each.
Morbi will see departure of 2 trains.
Meanwhile, due to directions passed by the the High court of Odisha, no more train is going to leave Gujarat for Odisha. One such train to Odisha scheduled from Surendranagar has been cancelled so as others. As many as 21 labouers who left Gujarat for Odisha in Shramik Express trains turned out to be Covid19 positive after their departure. Odisha High Court has directed Covid19 tests of Odisha labourers before they leave Gujarat which is practically not possible.
Shramik Train scheduled for tomorrow to Balasore (OR) from Thangadh (GJ) is cancelled keeping in mind the directions passed by the Honourable High court of Odisha.We hold migrant labour in high esteem & recognise their contribution for the state of GJ.I appeal for calm and peace. pic.twitter.com/mFxSBwL1Mv
— COLL SURENDRANAGAR (Hand Wash + Social Distancing) (@CollectorSRN) May 8, 2020
- No need to go to RTO for these services; Govt issues notification
- Vice President to lay foundation stone for 500-bed Nirali Multi-specialty Hospital in Navsari
- ACB Gujarat nabs Assistant Engineer in Surat in Rs. 15,000 bribe case
- Bengaluru, Pune, Ahmedabad best cities in Ease of Living Index 2020 (Million Plus Category)
- Twitter Trend #WeWantKarnavati demands for renaming ‘Ahmedabad’ as ‘Karnavati’
- 3rd day of Budget session to witness introduction of non-Govt bills
- AMC announces more Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad
- Gujarat completes vaccination of over 10 lakh persons