46 per cent of total Shramik Express trains operated from Gujarat: GovtMay 10, 2020
Gandhinagar: Gujarat government today said, the State has witnessed departure of as many as 168 trains to other states to carry stranded labouers who want to go to their native states.
‘As per the figures as on last midnight, Gujarat witnessed departure of 167 Shramik Express trains which is 46% of total 364 Shramik Express trains operated from various states. Against 167 trains from Gujarat, 45 left from Maharashtra and 36 from Punjab. By morning today 2 lakh labourers left for their native states. As many as 42 trains left various cities of Gujarat yesterday. Today 56 more trains are leaving Gujarat, of which 18 will leave from Ahmedabad district, 14 from Surat, 3 each from Vadodara and Rajkot and other trains from other cities of Gujarat. With 56 trains operating today, the total figure of labourers leaving Gujarat by evening today will be 2,68,800.As man 42 trains are leaving today for Uttar Pradesh, 5 for Madhya Pradesh, 3 for Bihar, 3 for Odisha, and 1 each for Chhattisgarh, West Bengal and Jharkhand,’ said Ashwani Kumar, Secretary in Chief Minister’s Office in Gujarat.
He further said, ‘today on the fourth day of free monthly ration distribution to 61 lakh APL-1 care holder families, 25 lakh families are covered. Each family gets 10 kg wheat, 3 kg rice, 1 kg sugar and 1 kg dal. By evening today 30 lakh families will be getting free ration. The government had distributed free monthly ration last month also. Free ration distribution is underway in areas barring Ahmedabad which will be covered later.’
- Video shows Chinese soldiers crying as they allegedly head to Sino-Indian border
- MoU signed with Israel at iCreate Gujarat
- AMC declares 12 more Micro Containment Areas; clears existing 30
- JIO announces JioPostPaid Plus
- Deepan Bhadran moved as SP Jamnagar as nuisance of a local major organized gang rises
- Tata Motors drives out the 3,00,000th Tiago from its Sanand plant
- Viraat arrives off Alang coast after final journey
- Five Bills on the second day of Monsoon Session of Gujarat Assembly today